Selling a car is a tricky thing. There are many ways to sell your car. Each option has its own advantages and disadvantages. In this article, I am going to share a few ideas on where you can sell your car and the benefits and negatives of using those avenues.
You can always go on Google and type: “sell my car”. You will see a list of places and websites that are local and you can see if you like any of them to sell your car. Just make sure to read their reviews and deal with only the ones with good reviews. You don’t want to waste time by going to just anyone.
But in general here are a few popular approaches you can take to sell your car:
- Car Dealers: Go to car dealers. They will often buy your car for cash. In general you will fetch a little lower price when you go to the dealers because they have to fix your car, resell and make some profit. You could get a little more money if you were to trade your car and get a new car from the same dealer.
- Auto Traders: Just like car dealerships there are auto traders. These guys do not have a showroom for any particular brand. They are in a business to buy and sell cars. This is another avenue where you can sell your car fast but once again you will get a little less price because they need to resell and make money for your car.
- Local Car Fairs and Car Markets: You can avoid car dealers and auto traders and sell the car on your own. Every city usually has a car fair or a car market that takes place on weekends or monthly basis. You can take your car there and find a buyer among people who visit the fair to buy cars. The good thing here is that you can make a little more money than the car dealership. The downside is that there is no guarantee how quickly your car will sell. Sometimes it can sell on the very first day and sometimes it can take months.
- Sell Online: These days there are many websites where you can sell your car. You can sell your car on Craigslist, eBay, Car Guru and many more. However selling cars online can take a long time, especially if the interested party stays far off from you. And often these discussions lead to nothing.
- Car Magazines: You can also list an ad for your car in car magazines like Auto Trader. There is a huge circulation and readership for these magazines. So there is a good chance that you can find someone to buy your car.
Bottom lines if you want to sell your car fast then go to a dealership or auto trader. If you want to make a little more money then sell it yourself by listing ads, taking them to car fairs and listing them online.