There are myths and misconceptions about every industry. Auto transportation industries are one of them. This makes it difficult for customers to trust such companies to ship their car. We have compiled some list of misconceptions so that you can make a right decision:
- Firstly, people think that all auto transportation companies are same and it doesn’t matter which one to choose. However, this is not true. You are lucky to have access to various sites, which will help you check reviews of all companies to make the right choice. One such company we know is Ship a Car, Inc. It is one of the top auto transport company that delivers superior shipping services to people relocating their vehicles. They know how to ship a car as it is important to you.
- Customers believe that companies offering lower rates are the best. However, don’t forget that this is just a marketing strategy to attract customers and many people fall prey to it. If they offer you less price, then you may have to compromise on the quality.
- Do you think it is safe and cheap to drive your car instead of shipping it? This is the biggest myth. You have to drive all the way hundreds of miles. Wouldn’t that be too tiring? Just to save some penny you are placing yourself under so much stress and inconvenience. If you think you are actually saving some money here then you are wrong. Look at the expenses you will have to deal with: fuel expenses, Meal expenses as you cannot stay hungry till you reach your destination, accommodation in case you are planning to take a break and lastly if you happen to get a flat tyre or battery dies then you are looking for a pricey drive.
- People think that companies are not transparent with their rate sheet as many have hidden charges. However, believe me not all companies are the same. The best ones will always provide you the exact rates to ensure a safe and convenient shipping of your vehicle.
- Another myth is that open carriers are not safe to ship their car. However, don’t worry this is the safest way better than driving it yourself as the auto transport drivers are experienced ones. In fact, closed carriers are used only for antiques or most expensive cars to protect them from prying eyes.
- Lastly people believe that distance will determine the quote of their car. Let me tell you this is just one of the factors. There are several elements that are taken into consideration such as size of the vehicle, pickup and delivery date, pickup and delivery locations, your carrier options and the seasons. In this case, it is always better to be flexible with your delivery dates as this will reduce your cost.
Like it is said – “As long as we believe the myth, we will never believe the truth”. I hope this article will clear some of your misconceptions about auto transportation industries and has helped you make the right decision.